According to AS, Juventus midfielder Tiago Mendes, who has spent the last season and a half on loan at Atlético, was reportedly released by the Bianconeri and is set to sign with Atleti on a free transfer.
The midfielder was spotted in Madrid last Monday, when it was said he was negotiating a permanent deal with los Rojiblancos.
AS claims that, as part of the agreement with Atleti officials, Tiago was required to cut ties with the Bianconeri and arrive at the Vicente Calderón for free.
The 30-year-old held up his end of the bargain, and will reportedly sign a one-year contract with Atlético that will include an optional one-year extension.
The former Portugal international was recently used as bait by Juve, as the Italians wanted to include the midfielder, along with €32 million, as part of a bid to sign Atleti striker Sergio Agüero.
While AS reports Atlético rejected the Turin-based outfit’s offer, sporting director Jose Luis Caminero told Spanish radio station COPE last week the club had not received a single formal offer for ‘Kun’ yet.