Atlético fans, enjoy these next four months as much as possible because they’re likely to be Fernando Torres’ last months as a Colchonero.
According to AS, in a meeting on Monday between Torres, Cholo and Miguel Ángel Gil Marín, Simeone told the forward that he isn’t in his plans for the following season.
However, Gil Marín told Torres if his overall play is good from now until the end of the season, and FIFA delays the transfer ban, then he would be happy to have him back for the 2016/17 season.
Torres wants to stay in Atlético, but will now be open to hearing offers from clubs who are interested in him for the following season.
El Niño came back a little over a year ago and now it seems like he’s going away again in just a few months.
His agent revealed last week that he has received eight offers from clubs interested in his services, including one that would make him the highest-paid footballer in the world.
Atleti is currently still fighting for all three competitions, and Fernando lifting a trophy would be a beautiful goodbye gift.
At the very least, Fernando grabbing his 100th goal is an absolute must if he is to leave again.
Fernando Torres lolololololo, Fernando Torres lolololololo…