On Tuesday, Atlético Madrid proudly announced the club has reached the milestone of 60,000 members.
As an institution there are still several things for Atlético to improve, but clearly the club’s sportive success has generated an even larger fan base both in and outside of Spain.
More and more Rojiblanco fans are proud to represent the club and have signed on to become a socio, an official member of the club.
Nearly 48,000 season ticket holders automatically qualify as club members, while over 12,000 fans proudly represent the red and white stripes even if they don’t regularly attend games. Among those are the 145 socios outside Spanish borders, although if it’s up to us that is a number that should increase since we know how many of you are passionate Atlético supporters.
Become a socio
For €45 a year you can become an official socio of Club Atlético de Madrid. You can find all the details here, but unfortunately the website only provides information in Spanish.
These are some of the benefits of becoming a socio:
- You will be an official member of Atlético and will get a really sweet card to prove it!
- You receive newsletters, promotions, text messages and e-mails from the club
- You can visit a league game for free! (But not against Barcelona or Real Madrid)
- You are given priority when applying for other tickets
- You get a 50% discount on tickets for Atlético B and the Handball team
- You get a 10% discount on all products in the official store
- You get a 50% discount for the museum and the stadium tour
To become a socio, you can apply on the website by clicking on “Formulario de Solicitud” (in the bottom of your screen). However, for foreign fans there is a special form, which you can download here (PDF).